Epic Society of RPness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Epic Society of RPness

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dragon Age Roleplay

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Dragon Age Roleplay Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Leading Dalek

Leading Dalek

Races: there are three different races your characters can be:

Elves: elves were enslaved by humans thousands of years ago. This caused them to lose their culture, and language. Now they're free, but there is still a lot of tension and racism between humans and elves. There are two differen groups of elves to choose from:
-Dalish elves: elves that refused to bend under human roe and fled into the forests. They work very hard to learn and regain what ever parts of Elven culture they can. They usually are highly suspicious of humans and look down upon them, even resorting to killing them upon sight in some cases. Dalish elves get their faces tattooed with symbols of their gods when they become of age. This is one of their distinguishing features.

City elves: elves that stayed under human reign and live in human cities. They live in an area called the Alienage. It has high walls surrounding it to protect the elves from racist humans. City elves usually tend to live moe in poverty than their human counterparts. They oftern work as servants in human noble estates.

Dwarves: Dwarves are pretty much what they sound like, classic fantasy dwarves... Although dwarves women do not grow beards in this universe xD Dwarves tend to live underground. They are the ones who built the vast underground tunnels known as the deep roads. They used to have a very large mighty empire until the Darkspawn appeared, spreading decease and murder through the deeproads. Now the Dwarves live in a single underground city known as Orzammar. There are a few differen kind of dwarves which include:

-caste dwarf: a dwarf born into a family that was employed by a certain caste. For example, if a female dwarf was born to a mother who was a miner, she would be a miner as well. If a male dwarve's father was a warrior, than he would be as well. Castes include merchants, warriors, nobles, miners, smithes, servent and more

-casteless dwarves: dwarves that have no house (meaning no important family name, not a physical house xD) or caste. This is usually because a dwarf committed a crime and their caste was taken away because of it. Casteless dwarves live in extreme poverty and have their faces branded with a tattoo so everyone knows they're indeed a casteless. Dwarves who have castes look down upon them and treat them like vermin. Many castless are forced into lives of crime because it's the only way they are able to survive.

-surface dwarves: mainly dwarves that were born on the surface. They have never been to Orzammar and just live basically how humans and elves do. Alternatively if a some casteless decide to go to the surface rather than live in poverty. If a dwarf with a caste commits a crime, they may choose to go to the surface instead of losing their caste or beig jailed.

Humans: humans are basically the same as always. They live in cities, and villages and are ruled by their king/queen and nobility. There are two different options for humans:

-human nobility: basically a human born into nobility. His means they are a child of an arl or bann. They tend to be wealthy and have formal fight training.

-human commoner: farmers, servants, bakers, basically everyone who is not a Noble.

Classes: now that you have chosen your race, you need to choose your class. They are as followed:

Mage: Mages are humans and elves with magical abilities. Dwarves are unable to use magic. Most people who're found to be able to use magic, are sent to a place called the circle of magi. Here they are taught how to control their abilities. Many mages see this place a a prison. Once joining the circle of magi, you are never allowed to leave or see your family again. This along with how the guards of the circle, known as the Templar treat the mages make many try to run escape and avoid the circle at all costs. Mages who are not in the tower are known as apostates. Mages are considered extremely dangerous becaus they are susceptible to demons who can possess them and cause a lot of chaos. Mages who speak with demons risk becoming abominations and destroying themselves and many others. Any magic involving demons is referred to as 'blood magic' and is strictly forbidden (that doesn't mean your character can't use it, they'd just be breaking the law ^^)

-rogues: rogues are trained in the art of surprise and stealth. They use duel weapons such as short swords and daggers, or bow and arrow. Many rogues are also trained as theives and are quite efficient poison makers. They are much quicker on their feet than their warrior counter parts and need to be cunning and clever in order to evade their enemies. They are also quite skilled at lock picking.

Warriors: warriors fight using two handed swords, battle axes, war hammers, sword and shield, duel weapons, cross bows, or bow and arrow. They're powerful and very good at holding off large groups of enemies as well as taking a lot of damage without falling. Warriors tend to wear heavier armour than mages and rogues.

Occupations: your characters can be employed as mercenaries, bandits, templars (soldiers trained to hunt mages), assassins, soldiers, guards or even grey wardens (I'll explain what they're in a minute) or you could be simply on the run (this is very appropriate for mages ^^)

Grey wardens: grey wardens are rogues/mages/warriors of every race that ban together to destroy Darkspawn. Dawrkspawn are orc like beats that lurk in the deep roads and surface every couple hundred years to spread their taint and decease. Because Darkspawn carry so much decease, wardens have to drink a potion concocted of their blood and other ingredients in order to become immune to it. This potion can also be potentially fatal. If someone is not strong enough it will kill them on the spot.

Plot: the plots takes place after the events of 'the blight' this is basically when a creature called the arch demon (a certain kind of dragon) Surfaces to lead the Darkspawn. Together, the arch demon commands them to taint and destroy everything. Only the grey wardens are able to stop the arch demon. Two grey wardens known as Alistair (now the king) and Mahariel, a Dalish elf killed the arch demon and ended the blight. Shortly after the blight, Mahariel became warden commander and along with her new warden companions, killed two rare talking Darkspawn known as The Mother and The Archutect. After this, she resigned as commander and left to find her love, an Assassin and former member of the Antivan Crows (an assassin's guild) known as Zevran. She went to fight at his side to bring down the guild that he was once a member of.

Shoot xD I forgot to mention that this takes place in a country called Fereldan. It's kind of based off of England, Scottland and Ireland. It's kind of cold compared to other regions in the game and many foreigners think Fereldans have unhealthy obsessions with thier war dogs... And that every where in Fereldan smells like wet dog xD

(Side note: Yes Taps, I copied this from our DA RP back on Fanpop xD;; I'm sorry, I was lazy :c )

2Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:11 am

Twinkle Starchild

Twinkle Starchild
Admin

(So, should we like... Decide a campaign? Like make something up for OCs to do without canon characters? c: I have a couple Dragon age OCs I can bring in )

https://epicsociety.canadian-forum.com

3Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:47 am

Leading Dalek

Leading Dalek

( Yes, we definitely should! And maybe a location too, so we don't have people in Antiva and Orlais and spread across all of Thedas xD;; )

4Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Twinkle Starchild

Twinkle Starchild
Admin

(I think we should stick to what we know and do either Fereldan or Kirkwall xD I'm going to use my OC, Charlotte Flynn and maybe her brother Ari)

5Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:01 pm

Leading Dalek

Leading Dalek

(Should we do Kirkwall then? It's not extremely big, it has lots of opportunities, and a short walk away you have all the danger you need in Sundermount or the Bone Pit c:

I think I'll use my city elves Del'rahnii and Tahlann M'nuvae, and perhaps a couple of others, but they're still in-progress :]

I'll just post some brief information about them c:

Del'rahnii is 23 and she lives in a shack in the alienage with her brother Tahlann, 26, and their mother, Haalija. Her mother was Dalish, but fell in love with a poor elf from the alianage. She left the Dalish and started a new life in Kirkwall, where she gave birth to her children. 4 years after Del'rahnii was born, an epedemic raged in the alienage, and their father fell ill, and soon he died. Her mother was heartbroken, and couldn't work much anymore, so the two of them had to work hard to get bread on the table each day.
Del'rahnii is not very fond of humans and claims that "if they could only respect elves and pay them decently, they wouldn't be living such a pityful life" while Tahlann on the other hand, is quite fascinated by the species. Del'rahnii works as a servant to a noble family, and is very impolite and sarcastic to most people she meets, and rude towards humans. Tahlann works as a miner and does different little not-necessarily-legal jobs beside it. He's very quiet, but nice and polite towards everyone.)

6Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Twinkle Starchild

Twinkle Starchild
Admin

I'll post Charlotte's bio xD it's a bit dated though ^^

Full Name: Charlotte Addison Flynn
Race: human
Height: 5'2
Weight: 120 lbs
Birthplace: Redcliffe, Fereldan
Languages: common
Sexuality: heterosexual
Marital Status: single
Class: warrior
Specialization: Champion
Occupation: Adventurer and occasional mercenary (former member of the militia and a wannabe knight xD)

Weaponry: A basic Fereldan long sword, and a beat up shield with the Redcliffe emblem on it. She also keeps a dagger strapped to her waist in case she is ever caught off guard.

Armour: Steel medium armour, mainly because she is unable to fight effectively in anything heavier because of her small build.

Other: She carries her mother's wedding ring on a silver chain. She keeps this with her at all times.

Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Hazel
Markings/Scars: freckles

Appearance Description: Charlotte is quite small for a human standing at just 5'2. Despite her small size, she weighs in at 120 lbs, mainly because she has gained some muscle from her warrior training. She has dark red hair that she keeps cut just above her jaw line. Her hair is usually messy, some may call it helmet hair. If she is going somewhere that requires her to dress up and look presentable, she will normally just comb it out. She doesn't really know what else she could do with it. Her eyes are hazel ,and are a little more brown than green. Her eyes are large, giving her a wide eyed look, and also making her look slightly surprised or a bit scared most of the time. Charlotte has a pointed nose, with pale freckles confettied across it.

Likes: Mabari (as do most Fereldans xD), training, children, home cooked meals,

Dislikes: dressing up, snooty nobles, Orlesians (Not so much of a dislike and most of just a suspicion that she inherited from her grandmother)
Strengths:

Weaknesses: Seeing people in pain, children in particular, the undead and abominations scare her terribly, making it difficult for her to stay focusing while fighting them

Personality Description: Generally Charlotte is pretty good natured. She comes across as friendly and a tad bit bubbly. She can be a little judgemental towards other, for example, if someone was employed as a bandit she would most likely be cold towards them without really getting a chance to know them. She enjoys stories and being around people who have a good sense of humour. She is a tad bit competitive and doesn't take well to losing. She could be considered a tomboy, being raised by her father for the most part and being trained as a warrior from a young age. This has left Charlotte with little to no experience with things feminine things such as dresses and 'lady-like' behaviour. It has also left her to be awkward around men. Her inexperience leaves her tongue tied and blushing furiously when around attractive men.
She is very protective of her friends and family, her younger brother in particular. She would do anything to protect him from getting in harm's way.

Biography
Charlotte was born and raised in Redcliffe, along with her younger brother Ari. She lived with her father who was a knight, her mother and grandmother. In her early years she would stay home along with her mother and grandmother, much to her dismay. She would have rather been at the castle with her father. When Charlotte was seven years old, tragedy struck . Her mother died after giving birth to her younger brother.
After the death of her mother, Charlotte began to spend more time with her father at the castle, training amongst the squires. This was not approved of by her grandmother who thought she should be at home learning practical things that would one day land her a husband.
As Charlotte grew up, she became increasingly interested in her warrior training. In hopes that one day she would be able to become an actual knight, she joined the militia. When the arl fell ill during the Blight, the knights of Redcliffe were sent to find a cure. This included Charlotte's father. She was always close with her father and wanted to go with them, but was made to stay behind.
After weeks of hearing nothing from any of the knights, she decided to set out after them against any of the orders she was given. She had been traveling for a week when she ran into two knights that had been traveling with her father. She soon found out that his group had been ambushed by darkspawn and those two men were the only survivors. The death of her father hit Charlotte very hard. Things only became worse by the time she arrived back in Redcliffe. She had been completely unaware of the attacks on the castle and Recliffe village. Her grandmother was killed in the attacks, leaving her fifteen year old brother alone.
In time Charlotte and the rest of the Recliffe soldiers were called to fight in the battle of Denerim. Before leaving she discovered that Ari was in fact a mage. After seeing what Connor had done to the village, they got into a heated argument on whether or not Ari should be sent to the circle tower. In the end Charlotte insisted that he be sent as soon as she returned from the battle. This was not the case though. Upon returning, she found her brother had fled Redcliffe.
Charlotte is now desperately searching for him, taking what jobs she can to help support her travels.

I'm thinking that she could have tracked Ari to Redcliffe c:

7Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Leading Dalek

Leading Dalek

(That's great!

So, for a campaign, I was thinking there had been some kind of mage scandal lately, like after act 3, where it's mentioned that the mages broke loose, and the city was one, big chaos. It gives some oportunities. c:
I'll just go ahead and make a starting post, then we can take it from there! c: )

Hightown was buzzing with life. Humans, dwarves, elves, and even qunari were running through the dirty back alleys of Kirkwall, trying to get from A to B. Most qunari had left when the Arishok was defeated, but some came back to start over. Qunari made good mercenaries, and they wouldn't have a hard time finding a job, as long as they weren't too picky about the company they kept...
Del'rahnii herself couldn't afford to be picky. Since the chaos began, Kirkwallers had been fleeing the city, and so had the jobs. So she worked for a noble family, the de Beauchamps. They were awfully rich, but treated their servants like dogs. No, that's an understatement, they had dogs, and they were treated better than her.

Mrs. de Beauchamps wanted her to deal with her "special arrangements" involving some kind of smuggling. She hated it. If she was busted doing it, she'd be executed on the spot! No one cared about the elves, never did.

8Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:18 pm

Twinkle Starchild

Twinkle Starchild
Admin

(But the city was damaged heavily after act III... I'm pretty sure much of Thedas would be on the brink of war and most mages would be in hiding or have fled Kirkwall :C I'm pretty sure they'd be killed on site. And most of the Quanari would be gone home too. Now I feel like a naggy wet blanket ;___; I'm sorry. I think the plot would fit better before act III because like there was a lot of blood magic and stuff going on then)

9Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Leading Dalek

Leading Dalek

(Oh, yeah, you've got a point! Sorry, it's a while since I finished act II and III, I can't really remember what happened ^^; I'll modify the last post and make it fit, so, in the middle of act II, or just after? c: )

10Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:41 pm

Twinkle Starchild

Twinkle Starchild
Admin

(It's up to you <3 c: either or would work)

11Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Leading Dalek

Leading Dalek

(... Then in the middle of act II? c: Then we can still use the Arishok for something )

Hightown was buzzing with life. Humans, dwarves, elves, and even qunari were running through the dirty back alleys of Kirkwall, trying to get from A to B. Most qunari didn't realy do anything, but a few actually got jobs. Mostly as mercenaries. Qunari made good mercenaries, and they wouldn't have a hard time finding a job, as long as they weren't too picky about the company they kept...
Del'rahnii herself couldn't afford to be picky. Since the tension with the Arishok started, Kirkwallers feared for their lives, and some had been fleeing the city, and so had the jobs. So she worked for a noble family, the de Beauchamps. They were awfully rich, but treated their servants like dogs. No, that's an understatement, they had dogs, and they were treated better than her.

Mrs. de Beauchamps wanted her to deal with her "special arrangements" involving some kind of smuggling. She hated it. If she was busted doing it, she'd be executed on the spot! No one cared about the elves, never did.

12Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Twinkle Starchild

Twinkle Starchild
Admin

Charlotte was completely and utterly exhausted beyond anything, both physically and emotionally, she was nearly at her wits end! How could Ari have done this to her?! Did he even know how worried she was? She'd been searching for him for so long. She didn't even know if he was still alive. She'd not been in Kirkwall long, but this had been the last bit of information on her younger brother had been that a boy matching his description was sighted here. She'd have to look... She just didn't even know where to begin. She looked about the busy market wondering where to start and how she might appear. Her armor was rusted and damaged from frequent travel, she clearly stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the higher class mercenaries and city guardsmen.

13Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:45 am

Leading Dalek

Leading Dalek

She could see the light by the end of the alley, but a couple of sacks were blocking her way. She looked around to make sure no one saw her, then silently opened the sack. She frowned. The sack only contained a dagger, or what was supposed to be one, without a blade, a moth-eaten scarf and brown pulp she had no interest in inspecting further. She was about to close the sack again, when something caught her eye. A shiny piece of metal shone from beneath the brown mass. She debated with herself wether to retrieve it or not, but concluded it would be better to be safe than sorry, and dug into to sack. She pulled up a silver locket. It had words written on it that she did not understand. Perhaps it was from the Circle, or from Tevinter. No matter what, she could definitely get a decent price for this. She closed the sack and ran towards the market.

14Dragon Age Roleplay Empty Re: Dragon Age Roleplay Sun May 19, 2013 9:38 am

Twinkle Starchild

Twinkle Starchild
Admin

Amongst her sudden self awareness and uncertainty, she clumsily bumped into several individuals before quickly offering apologies. Maker's breath, this was so much busier than Recliffe! Charlotte had never really been to a city before... At least not a city that was darkspawn infested, and even then, she'd been charging into battle. In all her awe for a busy market, she hardly felt the cut purse unfasten her money sack... At least, not until it was too late. Charlotte whipped around "Hey! Hey! Get back here!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]